Thursday, May 9, 2019

Weeks 34+35

Wowie!!!!!! We have five weeks until your due date. Crazy crazy crazy times!

I still remember when your dad and I found out I was pregnant...30 weeks ago. So much has changed, so much has opened up for us. It's truly a wondrous thing.

So apparently you are going to stay the length you are, which is the size of a pineapple/butternut squash/acorn squash/bunch of carrots (oh these fruit and veggie sizes are all over the place!) but you should be gaining a pound or two until your birth.

You continue to do well. In fact, during my third NST test (which I must get every week since my age qualifies me as high risk) the tech continued to marvel at how well you move, the incredible jumps in your heart rate. I don't fully understand it when she says "this is the best reading I'm going to get all day!" (she's said that the last two times I've been there) and when I asked her what that meant she just said you were really happy in there (??) and would be going to Harvard or Yale eventually. Still don't know what that means, but I guess it's a good thing and I'll take it!

Your dad and I are continuing to get our place ready for you. And we ordered your first set of diapers!!! We also did the last bit of traveling we are planning to do until your arrival, and we are kinda/nearly/maybe? close to getting the apartment fully prepped for you. I've encouraged your dad to hold off on pulling open that dreaded closet and cleaning it out. As soon as it opens, it's game over!

The other thing we've done is find a doula we want to work with. We are really excited about who we have selected, and hopefully your arrival will work with her schedule. Other than that, I'm treating these next five weeks like I'm training for a marathon. Meaning: I'm continuing to work out 4 days weekly, doing my other prenatal exercises, drinking a ton of water, and working on eating healthy foods. Cos I know when it's time for you to arrive it's not going to feel like nothing!

Ok, onward to week 36! (OMG, and only 4 weeks until your arrival!)

No comments:

Post a Comment