Monday, May 27, 2019

37 weeks+4 days

So it's pretty close!!!! It's unbelievable that we will be entering two weeks until your due date in just a few days. I've been talking to you and asking that you stay in until 40 weeks, and I'm hoping you will! The midwife said 38 1/2 weeks is optimal - and we are nearly there! I also really really really want to get my work stuff in a good place, cos they've been so great to me, and giving me three months of paid maternity leave!!!

Back to you: you're the size of romaine lettuce/canary melon (wth is that?)/honeydew melon. You're basically just chilling inside there and gaining weight until the big day. I'm working with a midwife and a doula, and for the last 4 weeks of the pregnancy I'm supposed to be cutting out sugar and refined stuff (that was hard at first but I'm doing it), eating fresh and healthy foods, and drinking red raspberry leaf tea and taking evening primrose oil to get my cervix nice and ready. I'm also doing my prenatal exercises (cat cows and pelvic stretches) and continuing with my hypnosis pregnancy practices every day. I especially like the joyful affirmations which has this one great line: "people's negative feelings belong only to them."

I've shared my birth plan with a few people, though I'm hesitant, and several have expressed some type of concern. Which is why I'm kinda not anymore. Anyways...

About negative people: one of the things I did last year, was completely scrub my life of negative people. Unfortunately that includes some family members, but with that release, it's given me the space to truly appreciate and bring in more amazing people into my life. I've also become sensitive to this type of energy when befriending new people, which is what I'm about to get into.

A work colleague started a few months back, and we hit it off. I was super excited to have another friend to do things with, etc. She also joined my meditation studio, so that was a plus. I've pretty much only gotten good vibes from her, except for one evening. After a meditation class, we decided to grab food. She's got a food restriction and in her defense, the restaurant didn't handle it well. (Telling her the meal she wanted wasn't allergy free, when it really was, the manager of the restaurant coming over, etc. etc.) But the way she handled it, took over the evening in the worst way possible. And then she got snippy with all the restaurant staff and...it put a damper on the entire meal and she even got strange with me.

It devastates me kinda, when a new friend shows a side of themselves that is so unpleasant that you've really got to do something about it. It wasn't just her behavior with the restaurant staff, but some unsolicited advice she gave me, that reminded me of a certain someone who is no longer in my life. Very preachy and self-righteous and "let me tell" you - when I didn't ask you! So I've given myself a lot of distance from this person, and I'm really proud of myself!

If there is anything I want to teach you, it is that it's OK to make the decision to be alone, because not everyone is able to be your friend, in the way you would like or deserve. It's just the way life is! And I hope you learn that lesson sooner rather than later.

OK, onto the good stuff: your dad and I have made such amazing changes to our place! New couch, new dresser, shelving unit...and! and! We cleared out/cleaned/organized/arranged both the walk-in closet, as well as the huge closet full of junk at the front of the space. We even got a bassinet for you today where you'll be sleeping for the first few months. The bassinet retails for close to $200 and we got it secondhand from a really nice lady for $65!

We had a lot of work to do to get this space to be what it is right now, and both your dad and I are so thrilled with all of the changes we made. We've got a bit more than 2 weeks before your due date, and I'm hoping you stay inside until at least June 12 (my first day of maternity leave) but I've also got to come to terms with whenever you may come - would could be any day now. I finally packed some bags for the hospital - so we are ready! And this Tuesday we meet with our doula so I'm thrilled about that as well.

Anywho...onward to week 38!

No comments:

Post a Comment