Monday, June 3, 2019

38 weeks+4 days

Wawaweewa!!!!! Crazy that my due date is less than 10 days away! I keep trying to stifle the anxiety and fear by focusing on the fact that I'm going to meet you soon!!!!

Things are continuing to feel good, with the pelvic/pubic pain a constant (as it has been the last few months, they say the pain will go away after I give birth) and some sciatica issues flaring up, but not that bad, really. Dare I say, it's been a bit of a dream being pregnant with you. Your dad and I joke that you're such a good boy and that you will be a breeze when you come out, too. Hehe.

Well...I've heard from so many people that we should relish the ability to sleep a full night because when you are born...not so much. It's just hard to do at this point. Some nights are better than others. I'd like to do what I can do prevent postpartum depression, and have heard the best thing to do is to sleep when the baby sleeps. Thankfully I'm a good napper, and I'll be post-partuming as much as possible in NJ with your nanni. And I hope that will help!

Anyways! Your dad and I are doing more of the same: getting our place ready for you, me reading up on what I can about delivering you and also how to take care of you when you are here (eek!) but also getting as much possible as I can at work done before my 3-month leave. My last day at work will be next Tuesday - which is just crazy. But thankfully I'm in a really good place at work, and have gotten through much of my to-do list.

Here's to week 39!


No comments:

Post a Comment