Monday, May 13, 2019

One Month! (Freaking Out...)

You know, the time really just sneaks up on you! For the first 20 weeks of this pregnancy, I'll be frank: I wasn't sure which way it was going. You know, cos I'm old, and there is so much hysteria around pregnancy as is. So I wasn't sure if you were actually going to...you know...make it. But every step of the way, you've been nothing but an amazing baby. I had zero morning sickness, I honestly didn't feel pregnant until my belly started to feel hard, and you passed every prenatal test with flying colors. You and I make a great team!!! I was telling your dad that I'd like you to stay in your cozy cocoon for as long as possible, because I really want you to grow and be healthy and I feel that you are the safest in there.

Today marks exactly a month until your due date. Your dad and I are continuing to put things together in the apartment (most of the new furniture - couch, shelving unit, dresser) has arrived and been assembled, but there is still so much to do! I was really stressing about work, but I've reached a good place there, where my To-Do list is being tackled, plus, I feel truly blessed with my work situation after my job peeps threw me a surprise baby shower last week! It was so sweet! They had asked me to come in for an hour-long meeting to discuss my maternity leave. I was thinking I was going to be fired or something (though from the moment I told them I was expecting, they've been nothing but supportive) and I arrived to the "meeting" to find it was nothing of the sort! Here I was with my maternity plan prepped and ready to talk, and they were organizing the yummy Rasika take-out they ordered and I see all of these bags of gifts. I was so surprised and nearly cried! Plus they got me and your dad another gift card to use. We've been so blessed and showered with love and support throughout this entire journey.

One of the main big things I did this weekend is write out more thank you cards for our baby shower - 16 in fact! I plan to mail those out as soon as your dad signs them all. Goal is to get them all done before your arrival.

Anywho: I'm continuing to do my pregnancy exercises (cat cows every day and adding to that the pelvic stretch), going to the gym (where I'm continuing to squat a bunch), walking a lot, and I recently purchased a stability/birthing ball that I sit on and do exercises that loosen my round ligaments and hips. I'm still drinking a lot of water and taking all of my prenatal vitamins and food has been OK but every now and again I do splurge. It's an interesting thing, the lack of control that comes with being pregnant. I mean, I have no idea whatsoever when you are going to arrive.

Well, in the next few days we will be entering our 36th week. Unfortunately the doula we really wanted is not available, but I've already paid the deposit for placenta encapsulation (!) with another doula, who I'm considering to hire as the one for the big day. Other than that, I'm meeting with the midwives this week to discuss my birth preferences, and your dad and I are going to continue cleaning and purging and creating space for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment