Friday, April 26, 2019

Weeks 32+33

Hi hi!!!

Life has gotten in the way so I'm combining weeks again. Ok, so week 32 you were the size of a pomelo (that giant grapefruit-like thing) and this week you are the size of a bunch of celery/butternut squash and cauliflower.

Big development: we had your first NST (non stress test) to measure your heart rate during acceleration and your movement in general (this is another test that moms of Advanced Maternal Age receive) and you passed with flying colors! In fact the tech said you are so happy in there, with all your heart rate jumps and continuous activity. So they strap these monitors to my belly and for about an hour they scan and listen and measure your heart rate, paying special attention to when you are moving because a heightened heart rate during movement means your brain is developing properly. That doesn't make the most sense to me, but I'm just happy you are doing so well!

I went on what I hope to be my last solo trip: Philadelphia for a work conference. I was worried it was going to wipe me out, but it really didn't. And I even got one workout in. I'm back home now, and your poor dad hurt his back, and I told him he really has to get this back situ under control, cos once you come, and once we are your full time caretakers, we really can't afford for him to have his back go out all the time. I'm convincing him to go see my chiropractor, who I really credit with giving me a better aligned body (no lower back pain whatsoever at this stage of pregnancy - I mean, that's incredible) so we will see if he listens. He's very stubborn about things like this.

Anywho!

We've got 7 weeks until your due date. We also have one final trip to make (together) next week, when we head up to NJ for the family baby shower. I'm dreading it, to be honest. Our extended family can get on my nerves, but I'm learning, through my birthing course, to create a "Bubble of Peace" that allows everyone's negative opinions to bounce off this forcefield I've created.

Onward to week 34!

No comments:

Post a Comment