Sunday, January 27, 2019

Week 20

Hi! We are officially halfway through this pregnancy. Crazy crazy pants!

Also, I don't get this size thing. I have four different apps (that is probably the problem) and apparently this week you are the size of a mango/banana/endive (none of those are remotely the same size as each other)...but another app said you were mango-sized last week so....

I gotta tell ya, your mama is a basket case this week. We are just days away from our mid-point (can't believe you will be here in 4.5 months!) ultrasound, also known as the anatomy scan, where we spend an hour looking at you and making sure everything is developing properly (the chambers of your heart, your brain...every little itty bitty thing).

I don't know why I think worrying will somehow prepare me for the worse case scenario, when all it's doing is taking me out of feeling my happiness now. Maybe I should focus on some wins I had this week?

Work is going well, even if I still have yet to break the news to them (gulp) and will be having those conversations this week. I also went to the gym on Saturday (formally dubbed "Migraine Saturdays) and managed to NOT come down with a pounding head attack. I also walked a ton, and had some really great quality moments with your dad. There is a lot to feel blessed and grateful for.

Anyways! We get to see how you are doing in a few days, and we are both thrilled and nervous and excited (I mean nervousness and excitement are two sides of the same coin) because we have already become so attached to you. I'm already envisioning holding you on my shoulder and smelling your head and how amazing that's going to feel (sniff, sniff).

Here's to week 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment