Thursday, January 10, 2019

Week 18

Hello! So you are the size of a sweet potato/artichoke (which doesn't seem much bigger to me than an avocado, and you are apparently doubling in size but whatevs!) You've got all your fingerprints, and you are learning how to do a ton of things including yawning (haha your dad will get a hoot out of that), hiccuping and just moving around in general. It's pretty amazing to feel you in there.

I did something really stupid last night (and I didn't tell your dad cos I know he'd be mad at me). I was grabbing some food with friends and afterward I ordered an Uber to go home, and the driver was on the other side of the road, and I literally ran into traffic! The light was green! Bad bad bad bad! As soon as I got into the car, I felt breathless, like, what the heck had I done? The crazy thing is, we drove a block, and this lady was trying to dash across the street (just like me!) and she literally ran into the car door of the Uber! She apologized for her mistake but it was totally weird that she did exactly what I did. I knew I shouldn't have just run across the street like that, but I've been doing that for years and I guess I'm still getting used to you in there and making sure to keep you safe.

So aside from some hormonal acne around my chin/jaw area, and those Saturday migraine days that I've been preempting by drinking a cup of black tea, this trimester has been really great. I'm still tired, but I've been pushing myself to walk, go to the gym, and go back to meditation. One thing that I'm still trying to figure out, though, is how to situate myself during meditation, because I can't lie flat on my back anymore. So that's been frustrating for me, because usually when I go to meditation, I conk out and go to never never land (it's the most expansive, amazing feeling) and the last two sessions, I've been so worried about compressing that vein behind my back and cutting off oxygen to you that I can't seem to relax!

I ordered these yoga blocks to help me set up my mat and space so my torso is elevated, but I still worry! However...the coolest thing about bringing you to meditation, has been how much you move during the sessions! I think you like them! So I'm going to keep going as much as I can, because apparently your little ears are actually hearing things now.

Anywho...this week is a much better week for me in most regards. Your dad and I also had another great doctor's appointment where we heard your heartbeat and your little kick, so I'm happy you are doing so well. Now we've just got to wait for January 30 when we go to the doctor for the anatomy scan.

Here's to week 19!

No comments:

Post a Comment