Saturday, January 5, 2019

She's So Funny!!!

So last week me and hubby FaceTimed my three favorite people - my nieces from my sister TC - and they were so thrilled! Well the three-year-old, aka "my best friend"/"the baby" was not. She's been extra moody during FaceTime, but I didn't think anything of it.

Well the next day I called my sister to chat, and as soon as we get on the phone she starts to have a side conversation with my best friend. I asked what she was saying, and my best friend asked when we would be sending her the baby. She then told my sister she would send us a "pretend baby." I was floored! She thinks this baby I'm growing inside of me, is hers! Well I told my sister to tell her she would have to feed the baby milk, change his diaper, and he would have to sleep in her bed (naturally) and she was all for it! It totally made my week, that this crazy person whom I love dearly, is obsessed with my baby and thinks he is hers. Haha!

It's been nice to reflect on the people I love in my life, the ones who give me joy. It's so easy to focus on the people who bring you down. I heard somewhere that our primitive brains are wired to fixate on negative things because that's how we stayed alive during a time when we had to avoid poisonous berries (remember where those berries are and how they are bad!) and run away from saber-tooth tigers. Nowadays we need not focus on every negative thing that happens in life, but that's just what our minds do, so we got to redirect as best we can.

Today my best friend asked TC to FaceTime me so she could "see the baby." Methinks we might have told her a bit too early? I don't know if she'll be able to wait 5.5 more months for this baby to come out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment