Thursday, February 14, 2019

Week 23

Hi hi!

So you are now the size of a grapefuit/bunch of grapes. I really am not understanding how these fruit/veggie sizes work, but whatever!

It's a much better week for your dad and I, and in fact, we went to Target yesterday and your dad was giddy with excitement over buying your first set of clothes. He intends to buy you something every week, and it makes him so very happy!

So last week I was going to head up to see your Nanni and Nanna in NJ to clear my head for a few days, but I ended up not doing that. I'm glad I didn't, because things worked itself out, and because I didn't want to miss the gym (haha!) it's true though! I'm going to try to stick to my 5-times a week gym routine until you come because I'm not really sure what my gym life will look like when you are here. I've already talked to your dad about heading back to the gym three days a week after you're born, but I'm really not sure when that will be.

Anywho! So you're continuing to move a ton, which is great. And today, I went to my first prenatal group (with a bunch of other women who are due in June like me). It was interesting, and at first I was really really uncomfortable. Your dad didn't come with me because I wasn't sure if men were allowed, but there were two men there, so he's going to start coming with me from now on. I wasn't sure I really vibed with the women, but...it was great because I really felt it was a space where all of my questions could be answered.

Oh! We are officially in our 6 month now! Pregnancy math is so weird and confusing, but apparently weeks 23-27 are all month six. Crazy how fast this time is going by. My body feels a ton more achy now that it did before, especially the round ligament pain (all over my belly) and my pubic bone, which is unfortunately something many women deal with during pregnancy, especially women who lift weights.

Anywho...onward to week 24!!

No comments:

Post a Comment